My Terms Of Use

These tutorials are copyrighted to Kaye @ Kaye’z Designz. You may print them out for personal use but do not post to any site or distribute as your own. Any resemblance to others online is purely coincidental.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

New Way to Create a Frame









This tutorial is copyrighted to Kaye @ Kaye'z Designz. You may print out for personal use but do not post to any site or distribute as your own. Any resemblance to others online is purely coincidental.
Supplies Needed: Paint Shop Pro any version, I used X2. You can get it from COREL. Tube / Image of choice. I used one by Stevie Richardson, it can be purchased at Artistic Minds Inc. You may use your own color, gradient or pattern, I used sd_gold106 in supplies. Font of choice I used CalvinItal.
Notes: Open tube in PSP. Open font and minimize to task bar. Set foreground to #FD7B22 and background to FFFF00. In foreground box select your pattern and set to Angle 45, Scale 50. In background box create Foreground / Background Gradient: Sunburst, Angle 0, Repeats 1, Invert unchecked, Center Points 50, 50. Save often.


Step 1 Open new canvas 500 X 600 for portrait or 600 X 500 for landscape. Flood Fill with color, gradient or pattern of choice. I used sd_gold106.
On same layer Selections / Modify / Contract by 10. Flood Fill with gradient.
Selections / Modify / Contract by 10, Flood Fill with chosen pattern again.
Selections / Modify / Contract by 10, hit Delete key on keyboard.
While selected apply Cutout: 0, 0, 75, 30, Black.
Selections / Invert and apply Inner Bevel: Bevel #1, 4, 20, 1, 0, 0, White, 315, 50, 30. Deselect.
Note: I wanted the orange border to stand out more so I went to Selections / Select All, Selections / Modify / Contract by 10, Selections / Modify / Select Selection Border: Inside, Width 10. Applied Same Inner Bevel and Deselect. Name this layer Frame.

Step 2 At this point if you’re happy with frame and may want to use in the future you can save it to your Picture Frame folder. Go to File / Export / Picture Frame. Give it a name and save. I named mine Gold Orange Gold Frame.

Step 3 If you choose not to save as a Picture Frame, we have created a Portrait frame. If you need a Landscape frame go to Image / Rotate Left or Rotate Right. You can Colorize your frame now if you wish.

Step 4 Open image you wish to frame. Edit / Copy or Ctrl + C. Go back to your frame. Selections / Select All, Selections / Modify / Contract by 28. Add a New Layer and drag below the frame. Edit / Paste into Selection or Ctrl + Shift + L to insert your image. Name this layer Image.

Step 5 Resize framed image to 500 pixels on longest side. Then add copyright information. If you type this in from scratch choose a color that will show up and compliment your image. Name this layer CR.
I have my copyrights saved as .pngs in black. Since my image is dark I applied a Gradient Glow: 3, 25, 100, Draw Only Outside Selection and on Color Tab I used Medium, Color #C0C0C0. Go to Change to Target Brush: Round, Size 100, Hardness 50, Step 10, Density and Thickness 100, Rotation 0, Opacity 50, Mode - Color. Using right mouse button I swiped my gradient across the copyright 3 or 4 times until it was bright enough to show against image.

Step 6 Add your name or text in font and size of choice. I used CalvinItal, Create as Vector, Size 45, Bold, Stroke 2. I used my gradient for stroke and fill. Apply Inner Bevel as above. Add Drop Shadow: 2, 2, 100 5, #FD7B11. Or you can apply Gradient Glow using settings above but change color to #FD7B11. Name this layer Text.

Step 7 Save as .pspimage to retain layers for future changes. Save as .jpg using Jpeg Optimizer to send thru your group.

All done! I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial. Remember this is just a guide. Experiment using different colors, gradients or patterns, images and settings. Any questions you can reach me at kayewinters@zoomtown.com. This tutorial was written 8/7/2009 by Kaye'z Designz.

No comments:

Post a Comment